1.13.2016

Process // Deer Sweet Baby Shower

I love to design for weddings. Weddings are my jam and also bread and butter. BUT babies are creepin' up and trying to be my new favorite. Invitations to a party where all you do is look at precious tiny clothes and toys? Yes. Birth announcements? Even better. I could look at squishy newborn photos all day everyday. Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes zoom in super close on their photos and cry at their tiny features. We all have our quirks, okay?

I digress. 

I'm going to be an aunt! My sweet sister, Haylee, is due in March and I. cannot. wait. She, the most impatient person on this Earth, also cannot wait. My nephew's nursery has been beautifully decorated and waiting for him to come play since the day after her first ultrasound. (That's a slight exaggeration but you get it.) Mr. Fischer will be a boy's boy. Hunting, fishing, all things dirt. His room is rustic chic with my sister's signature style. This made the shower invitation easy. 



I started with the color palette, and chose to pull from the colors of his bedding (purchased here). The theme would obviously be antler-based, but I also wanted to play on the delicate nature of babies themselves and so I chose a playful script. 


baby-shower-invitation

Bonus: it's perfect for monograms and nobody loves monograms more than Fischer Zachary Boyd's mom-to-be. This kid will never lose a blanket in his life. Monograms are also one of my most favorite ways to "class up the joint" as we (I) refer to it with my coworkers (no one) around the office (living room). And so, BEHOLD: the final product:














































































So far, it has rave reviews (from my sisters, and my mom who called it "cute" with no punctuation or emojis because why inflate your child's ego?). If you also want to purchase this invitation and leave a one word review, you may do so right here. My mom suggests "neat" or "good" in case you need ideas.

1 comment :

  1. What a fabulous baby shower post! It was so interesting to read through. Thanks for the lovely details. At a local LA venue I too attended a cousin’s Disney themed baby shower. I had offered some help too with the arrangements and had nice time being the part of that fun bash.

    ReplyDelete

  • Home
  • Services
  • Work
  • Contact
  • Site photos by creative partner, Allee J Photography
    © 2014 nicole campbell creative